Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The War is ON!

Wow, what a freakin week! If you don't know, the Food Network called me the week before last and asked me to submit a video audition to be considered for Cupcake Wars! The filming begins in March so I was told to "make it fast!" I filled out all the paperwork they gave me and immediately bought tickets to fly my sister, aka The Assistant, down from TN to be in the video and help with the filming. All weekend we filmed everything we could and have hours upon hours of video that I must now find the time to edit down to 3-5 minutes...all of this while also having meetings with my web designers about the website (yes, that is finally in the works as well), following the opening of Avoca coffee where my cakes will be available, coordinating the CRAVE, Ft. Worth book launch (tenatively scheduled for March) where I will not only be celebrating the launch of the book and my layout for Le Chat Noir - Cupcake Bordello and Bakery, but where I will also be supplying my French macrons and where the G.I.R.L.S will be making an appearance;-) I was also asked by the director of the Ft. Worth Chamber of Commerce to consider being a part of a HUGE charity event in March. IF for some strange reason, I don't make it on Cupcake Wars, I will be able to be there ;-)

It's amazing with so much going on...not to mention I am also the housekeeper for my family and have an extreme couponing habit to keep up with (yes, I'm one of "those" people), that I have time to fill my regular orders, but I do;-) I had a great tasting with a customer named, Kristin, and her soon-to-be-hubby this weekend, as well as a Cupcake Takes The Cake photo shoot.

Kristin absolutely fell in love with Marriage Material, my almond sponge cake, with amaretto buttercream, as well as the Buxom Blonde (vanilla buttermilk with vanilla bean Swiss meringue buttercream). She chose both flavors to be a part of her nuptials...that is until her face started turning red and she broke out in hives!!! Turns out she's allergic to almonds! She had never had them before, fell in love and was devestated when she couldn't have that flavor, but both my sister, myself and her fiance insisted she stay away from anything with nuts, lol. What bride wants to be a red roly-poly on their wedding day?!?! So, we're going to do the same recipe as the almond sponge but get rid of the almond flour and go with vanilla bean.

The theme of her wedding is very simple shabby chic with very cool vintage elements. I wish I had gotten pics of the cupcakes we set up for the tasting, however with so much going on in the kitchen, it just didn't happen :-( Let me just tell you, they were BEAUTIFUL! I'll have to recreate them and take a pic to post.

I will leave you with this...a pic of my sister and I, the Bordello Babes of Fort Worth! Happy icy and snowy day in the Metroplex everyone. Until next time, cupcake kisses and frosting foreplay!

No comments:

Post a Comment