Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Menage a Tois...

Ok, so I promised a peek at the Tres Leches cupcakes and here they are...


A fluffy vanilla genoise cake soaked in 3 different milks, topped with a real whipped cream, lightly sweetened and dusted with cinnamon, and garnished with a slice of rich guava paste. This reminds me of living in FL and taking trips to Miami, feasting on all things Cuban. This would go great with some of that strong Cuban coffee. Yummers!

On another note, the wedding weekend went off without a hitch! Beautiful Polynesian wedding complete with dancers and my cake at the forefront of it all :-) What can I say, I'm a proud Madame ;-)

There were 144 girls total in addition to an 8" sculpted cake and a 6" sculpted topper cake (for the anniversary). I handmade all the sugar flowers and the couple's monogram that topped the 6" cake, as well as the "bamboo" pillars that held up the cake (they were covered in sculpted sugar paste). Also, the stand itself was made by yours-truly and custom-decorated to match the wedding theme.




As if it weren't honor enough just to be asked to make the cake, I got to make it for 2 of the greatest neighbors and friends a gal could have! Congratulations to Terri and Henry. Here's wishing you all the best in the years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment